Sunday, December 14, 2008

Windy days & Sundays always get me down...the road

Oh how wonderful it is to ride on down Parmer Lane. I made GREAT time the first 25 miles but after stopping to eat my oranges I finally realized which way the wind was blowing exactly. It had been blowing behind me but now it was time to turn around and head home. My friend Mark had told me how Parmer Lane can get windy and I had experienced it before but this time it was different. I had not ridden for almost two weeks so I was getting tired. Fighting 35+mph wind gusts defaulton the return trip took everything I had. As I past this used car lot on Parmer I had to stop and photograph the flags and capture how strongly they were moving. The direction of the wind was in my face.

For 3 hours and 10 minutes I rode and I only saw two other cyclists.

I much prefer days with a LOT less wind but you will never hear me complain about a 70° Sunday afternoon in the middle of December when I can ride 42 miles or more. When I left the house it was cloudy but when I got back home it was sunny and I had new tan lines. I'm sure I burned a ton of calories but more importantly I feel good.

Happy holidays everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment